Feb 21, 2013

Fifty-two Names for Snow


Haa it's been a while! What's happened in two weeks. Hmmm. I went to Los Angeles with Daniel to take part in a board gaming convention. I played a game called Agricola where you basically build a 17th century farm and get points for how many veggies you've planted or how many sheep you have in your pasture. FUUUN!


I stayed in a hotel for the first time in my life. I cried when I found out that they didn't have jacuzzi anymore - they still had a photo of it on their website. So I went back to my hotel room and filled the bath tub with hot water and floated there, watched vampire drama on my laptop, ate cookies and was happy again.



The other night I was working on a super secret personal website project. I ran into some obstacles and gave up and started writing a book about my life instead. I finished seven chapters in one sitting. Each chapter being about three paragraphs long.



Now, about the secret website project! Don't tell anyone yet but I'm trying to make a website where anyone can post photos of their bohemian/alternative/creative outfits, kind of like lookbook.nu, but specifically for gypsies and fairies and hippies and other interestingly dressing creatures. Since I've always wanted to take part in such a website but it does not exist, I'm now hoping for it to manifest. I just keep running into obstacles. That cause book writing. And delay. Will keep you updated on this one.




A while ago I went up to Mt. Charleston here in Nevada with photographer Gaby J who specializes in old polaroid and film cameras. It felt so cozy and good to lay on the snow - it felt like Finland for a moment. All these photos are from that shoot. I'm going to the snowy mountains again on Saturday, this time behind the camera - will show you what magic results from that! :)



"The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love." 
- Margaret Atwood




1 comment:

Minna K said...

These photos are incredibly beautiful! I'm so happy for you to have these as a memory of your young beauty that will sure last forever but perhaps will still be nice to look at when you're old and grey :)